53F, 5'6", SW:170, CW:154, GW:135
I am so happy! This morning I weigh 154.4 pounds. I've lost over a stone and best of all my BMI today is 24.7. I use the NHS BMI calculator, here: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/
The message telling me that I'm a healthy weight, albeit at the upper end, has absolutely made my day. I'm also thrilled about the fact that I'm now almost 50% of the way to reaching my goal weight.
I've been dieting or whatever we want to call it since 1 July. I screwed things up mid-August when I ate a lot of cake but now I'm back on track.
What I do:
– CICO is the main one. I use My Fitness Pal. I read somewhere that most people underestimate the calories they are consuming by up to one-third so I try to keep the calories I think I am eating within 1,000 on the assumption that I'm actually consuming more like 1,200 due to error and not being bothered to log things like milk in cups of tea.
– I try to get most of my calories from non-starchy vegetables and the rest from protein, esp eggs, which I love. I also start the day with a breakfast that includes oats, seeds and yogurt. Breakfast is usually the most high-calorie meal of the day now. I'm doing pretty well at staying away from sugar apart from that cake episode.
– I've started going to Slimming World because I'm competitive and I want prizes and stickers.
– At meal times, I try to make a point of eating enough to take the edge off hunger rather than eating until I am full.
– I started intermittent fasting yesterday, for an extra boost. I'm going to do 16:8 and see how that works out. The last thing I ate was a can of Heinz tomato soup (204 cal) at 6.30 in the evening and I'm waiting until 10:30 this morning to have breakfast.
I still think of sugary food as a reward and I told myself that if I really need to I can have another *controlled* cake relapse when I get to 142 pounds as long as it doesn't last longer than a day and I get back on the diet afterwards.
Read more: reddit.com